Saturday, January 24, 2015

Rogue Trader With Needle Rifle and Rapier Conversion - Inq28

I finally found a head that would fit the eldar model!
The eldar model is old and OOP. Because of this it is so much smaller than the current GW range. I had planned on using one of the feathered hats from the empire state troops or crossbow set however they were far too large! This was the cause of delay in the realisation of this model. A suitable replacement came in the form of a 3rd party; one of the heads from the foot knight kit from Perry Miniatures. The parts in that kit are slightly smaller than GW parts and so it was a perfect replacement. I am quite glad I went with this head instead as I think it looks more futuristic than the empire heads. Which may have simply made the model look even more dated. It has a visor that I plan on painting like glass to reinforce this futuristic look further, hopefully acting to counter the feather and sword.


Parts used:

  • Eldar heavy weapons crew member
  • Perry Miniatures foot knights head and sword
  • Empire Crossbow man feather

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment